Against the Queen´s Gambit Declined
DVD-Box, ChessBase, 1. Auflage 2014
Please note that an Internet connection for program activation is necessary to use this DVD!
Back in the 1950s, it was Botvinnik who popularised the Exchange Variation of the Queen’s Gambit Declined. The setup, which involves putting the knight on e2 in combination with castling kingside, was revolutionary at that time. Until then, White had either placed his knight on f3 with the idea of s tarting a minority attack on the queenside, or on e2, where it was normally associated with the intention of castling
queenside and preparing a pawn storm against the Black King. K asparov, Botvinnik’s pupil, would soon follow in his mentor’s footsteps, bringing yet further refinements to this flexible system. This DVD offers a complete repertoire for handling this solid opening, often featuring a dynamic approach to pose the opponent more practical problems. Both of the main c ontinuations 3...Nf6 and 3 ... Be7 are covered in two separate
parts and their inherent differences and possible transpositions are mentioned wherever they arise. After seriously studying the theoretical lines, the strategic ideas and tactical motifs, you will surely be able to answer the quiz questions successfully and integrate this World Champion repertoire into your own games.
- Video running time: 5 hours (English)
- With interactive training including video feedback
- Exclusive database with 50 essential games
- Including CB 12 Reader
Born in 1988, Robert Ris is an International Master who has represented The Netherlands in various international youth events. Nowadays his main activities in the Amsterdam area consist of teaching in schools and chess clubs as well as coaching private clients. On top of that, he is also an active online trainer with a number of students from a host of different countries. Robert has made several appearances as a live commentator for prestigious events, such as the Dutch National Championships 2011-2013 and the Tata Steel Chess Tournament in 2013 and 2014.
- Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM
- Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3) ®
- DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM
- DVD-ROM drive
- Windows Media Player 9 and internet connection for program activation.
- PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz,4 GB RAM
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 ®
- DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better
- 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card
- Windows Media Player 11
- DVD-ROM drive and internet connection for program activation.