Tricks & Traps Vol. 2
Tricks and traps, especially in the opening, are a dangerous reality of competitive chess. All sorts of surprises await the unwary player, from devastating sacrifices to cunning move order ploys. A knowledge of such ideas is essential if a player wants to be the hunter rather than the victim.
On this DVD Davies presents a variety of tricks and traps that can arise after 1.d4 by White, breaking them down into a number of different categories. The examples are designed to appeal to players of every level and feature a wide variety of systems. Besides coverage of some of the classics, Davies reveals some little known ploys and explains how likely these traps are to succeed. Accordingly the viewer should gain some psychological insights into the art of trapping and this should help his game as a whole.
Video running time: 4 hours.
Nigel Davies System requirements:
Pentium-Processor at 300 Mhz or higher
Nigel Davieshas been an International Grandmaster since 1993 and is a former British Open Quickplay and U21 Champion. Besides his playing accomplishments he is an experienced chess coach with an ability to explain chess ideas players of any level. He is an acknowledged expert on 1.g3 having played it on numerous occasions in his own games.
- Die Wiener VarianteSpecial Price 22,43 € Regular Price 29,90 €
- Two Knight's DefenceSpecial Price 20,63 € Regular Price 27,50 €
- The Queen's Indian DefenceSpecial Price 22,43 € Regular Price 29,90 €
- Damengambit AbtauschvarianteSpecial Price 22,43 € Regular Price 29,90 €
- The Sicilian Rossolimo for WhiteSpecial Price 20,63 € Regular Price 27,50 €
- The Open GamesSpecial Price 22,43 € Regular Price 29,90 €
- Triumphieren mit TrompowskySpecial Price 22,43 € Regular Price 29,90 €
- Mehr von ChessBase