Crushing White with the Schliemann Gambit
This DVD is aimed at presenting a repertoire based on meeting 1. e4 with 1 ... e5 for the club player. Coverage starts after 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 when GM Shankland recommends the Schliemann variation, but played in a more classical way, aiming to take advantage of the extra central pawn in the long term instead of seeking immediate confrontation. All relevant side-lines from move 3 onward are also covered.
The main appeal of choosing the Schliemann is that White does not have many credible side-lines; advocates of this repertoire will be able to play the presented analysis over the board. This DVD will provide club level players with a strong repertoire that they can rely on.
RELOADED Edition! – Highlights
- Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
- Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
- In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
- 10 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
- PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
2. 4th move side-lines
3. 4. d3 Part 1
4. 4. d3 Part 2
5. 4. Nc3 Part 1
6. Illustrative game
7. 4. Nc3 Part 2
8. Italian Game
9. Illustrative game (Ivanchuk-Karjakin)
11. Illustrative game (Jones-Howell)
12. Scotch Game
13. Illustrative game (Shirov-Kramnik)
15. Illustrative game (Hou-Carlsen)