GM Crushing Attacks
CD/DVD-Box, OCL, 1. Auflage 2016
Aus der Reihe »Empire Chess«
Tal - Learn to attack like him!
GM Crushing Attacks by GM Maxim Dlugy. This video on attack by GM Maxim Dlugy shows us the following:
- How to attack well and avoid pitfalls when attacking.
- How to find reasons why an attack should be launched.
- Tal versus Fischer 1951 Candidates.
- KID is played by Fischer – Tal plays classical 7.d5 although current theory prefers 7.0-0 then Be3.
- Explanation of Black KID ideas in this game such as ... a6/ ... b5 or Qe8 to escape the Pin.
- The Bh5 almost winning Black’s queen.
- Fischer’s Bf6 plan of exchanging the dark squared bishops is explained.
- Tal allows Fischer to have the KID ... gxf5 strong center but at the cost of Black having a long term weak king.
- Overview of middle game plans for both sides if Bobby had played ... Ne5 rather than ... dxc5.
- Problems of Fischer’s ... dxc5 are revealed.
- The better ... Qg7 is analysed
- The temporary (surprising) sacrifice of a pawn with Bd3 causes Fischer problems.
- How to defend when many pieces come at you.
- Queen and knight versus queen and knight endgame assessed.
- Keep the queen close to the king when defending, to shield it well.
- The amazing ... a5 allows ... Rag offering defense.
- Fischer’s error, ... Qxc3, allows Tal to attack and enable all major pieces to attack the black king while Black’s forces remain undeveloped.
- Tal’s technical ability when attaining the winning position.