Catastrophes & Tactics 6: Open Sicilians
Everybody wants to win fast, preferably straight out of the chess opening. This book is a collection of games played by top players in which either White or Black wins in 15 moves or less either a result of blunders, an accumulation of mistakes or brilliant chess tactics.
Through the study of the games in this volume, you will improve your opening play, opening repertoire, strategies and tactical ability.
109 main games
Carsten Hansen is a Danish-American FIDE Master & FIDE Trainer who has written extensively on all phases of the game, but is particularly recognized for his thorough books on chess openings, most recently on the Sicilian Dragon and the Closed Sicilian.
1. The Najdorf Variation
2. The Scheveningen Variation
3. The Dragon & Accelerated Dragon Variations
4. The Classical Variation including the Richter-Rauzer & Sozin Attack
5. The Taimanov, Kan & Paulsen Variations
6. The Sveshnikov & Kalashnikov Variations