Chess Tactics from Scratch
341 Seiten, kartoniert, Quality, 2. Auflage 2012, Erstauflage 2004
'Chess is 99% tactics' is an old saying. Some might disagree, but anyone who has seen his strategic masterpiece destroyed by tactical flaws will agree that even the remaining 1% depends on tactics.
In Chess Tactics from Scratch experienced trainer Martin Weteschnik provides expert guidance on how to improve your chess tactics. Weteschnik assumes no prior knowledge from the reader and systematically analyses the elements of tactics and logical thinking techniques. By the end of the book the reader will have the tools to be a deadly tactician.
The first edition of this book, Understanding Chess Tactics , is hailed as a "modern classic". This expanded and updated edition benefits from major improvements:
- 300 brand new test positions of varying difficulty
- All text and analysis has been revised and improved
- Two completely new chapters on Overloading and Candidate Moves.
004 Key to symbols used
005 Foreword by Tibor Karolyi
005 Foreword by the Publisher
007 What is this book about?
017 1. Becoming Familiar with the Pieces!
023 2. The Pin
051 3. The Discovered Attack
075 4. The Reloader
083 5. The Double Attack
101 6. Overloading
107 7. Mate
143 8. Gain of Tempo/Intermediate Move
161 9. The X-ray Attack
165 10. Opening and Closing Lines of Communication
177 11. Status Examination
217 12. Candidate Moves
233 300 Test Positions
335 Name Index