Control the Center
Grandmaster Damian Lemos’ excellent presentation skill guides you through this DVD which is 6/10 of The Club Player’s Manifesto produced by the World Leader in DVD instruction OnlineChessLessons.net.
This DVD has emphasis on the ‘Center’ how to stake an advantage there, once secured, how to then approach with an attack on a different part of the board. Discussions of the theoretical openings and their control of the centre is also considered. Many methods and concepts are considered including:
The Hedgehog Center, Big center versus Black’s Hedgehog, Swapping Central Pawn advantage for different type of advantage, Rook activity through the center, Caro Kann Main Line discussed, A stronger center gives possessor more space and more options flip side less space and less options, A Pawn Majority can help create a dangerous Passed Pawn, A Preventative move is not required if there is a good ‘activity’ alternative, Use an IQP position effectively and attack The King, Use mating threats and In-Between moves to keep dangerous attacks going, Sacrifice a piece to let a Rook in to contribute to an attack on The King and many more, in what is a brilliant approach to learning the core essentials for Club players up to Candidate Masters succinctly guided by Grandmaster Damian Lemos one of the World Leaders in Chess DVD presentation brought to you exclusively by OnlineChessLessons.net
RELOADED Edition! - Highlights
- Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
- Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
- In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
- 10 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
- PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
Running Time: 1 hour 57 minutes