Improve your chess with Tania Sachdev
Even less-experienced chess players have learnt how to develop their pieces in the opening or even know certain opening variations by heart. But when the middlegame starts, they don’t know how to judge positions and develop their play - and their ches s stagnates. On this DVD, well-known Indian WGM Tania Sachdev shows you how to evaluate certain positions and then find the right concepts and plans on the basis of her o wn games. Sachdev explains her own thoughts and recounts how she arrived at successful decisions and, as a result, played good moves. These illustrative and instructive examples explain a lot of the basic elements of middlegame pla y, such as pawn structures, piece play and making the right exchanges. The games cover a broad spectrum of themes and are aimed at those looking to generally improve their middlegame play. At the end you can test your progress and understanding with an interactive quiz.
- Video running time: 4 hours 50 min. (English)
- With interactive training including video feedback
- Including CB 12 - Reader
- Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz
- 1 GB RAM
- Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3)
- DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM
- DVD-ROM drive
- Windows Media Player 9
- internet connection for program activation
- PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- Windows 7 or Windows 8
- DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better
- 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card
- Windows Media Player 11
- DVD-ROM drive
- internet connection for program activation.
Tania Sachdev achieved her first international title already when she was just eight years old and after that won multiple events like U12 Indian championship, Asian U14 Junior Championship and Senior Championship. In 2005 Sachdev became the eighth Indian Women Grandmaster. She won the national Indian Women Championship in 2006 and 2007 and the Asian Chess Championship 2008.