A Black Repertoire against the Two Knights
DVD-Box, ChessBase, 1. Auflage 2014
Please note that an Internet connection for program activation is necessary to use this DVD!
With the Traxler Variation (4.Ng5 Bc5!?) spearheading their r epertoire, any player should look forward to fighting for the initiative against the Two Knights with Black. Its slightly dubious r eputation shouldn’t put you off from buying this DVD - as the author clearly demons trates - a great deal of spectacular resources for Black are on show, supported by original analysis. Exponents of the Traxler variation in tournament practice include Shirov and Beliavsky, with the latter having used it to defeat Anand (!) at Linares 1991. White can hope for an advantage in but a small number of lines, and e ven then there is still enough counterplay for Black to give his opponent a hard time. What is more, the DVD includes a host of ideas for actively meeting 4.d3 and 4.d4 as well, so that after studying the material you basically have a complete repertoire against the
Italian Game. An unprepared opponent could easily fall victim to Black’s wealth of tactical possibilities, potentially making this repertoire an ideal weapon for playing for a win with Black!
- Video running time: 5 hours 40 min. (English)
- With interactive training including video feedback
- Exclusive database with 50 essential games
- Including CB 12 Reader
Born in 1988, Robert Ris is an International Master who has represented The Netherlands in various international youth events. Nowadays his main activities in the Amsterdam area consist of teaching in schools and chess clubs as well as coaching private clients. On top of that, he is also an active online trainer with a number of students from a host of different countries. Robert has made several appearances as a live commentator for prestigious events, such as the Dutch National Championships 2011-2013 and the Tata Steel Chess Tournament in 2013 and 2014.
- Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM
- Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3) ®
- DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM
- DVD-ROM drive
- Windows Media Player 9 and internet connection for program activation.
- PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz,4 GB RAM
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 ®
- DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better
- 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card
- Windows Media Player 11
- DVD-ROM drive and internet connection for program activation.