How to Study Chess on Your Own Workbook
220 Seiten, kartoniert, New in Chess, 1. Auflage 2022
The astounding success of How To Study Chess on Your Own made clear that there are thousands of chess players who want to improve their game. And chess players like to work on their training at least partially by themselves.
The bestselling book by GM Kuljasevic offered a structured approach and provided the training plans. Due to popular demand, Kuljasevic now presents a Workbook with the accompanying exercises and training tools a chess student can use to immediately start his training.
Most workbooks offer puzzles and puzzles only. But Kuljasevic has used his experience as a coach to create a broader and more interesting training schedule. You will be challenged by tasks like these:
- Solve positional play puzzles
- Find the best move – and find the mini-plan
- Play out a typical middlegame structure – against a friend or against an engine, carefully set a an appropriate level
- Simulation – study and replay a strategic model game
- Analyze – try to understand a given middlegame position
- Volume 1 is optimized for chess players with an Elo rating between 1800 and 2100 but is useful for anyone between 1600 and 2300. Volumes 2 and 3 will serve the needs of beginners and more advanced club players.
Davorin Kuljasevic is an International Grandmaster born in Croatia. He graduated from Texas Tech University and is an experienced coach. His bestselling book Beyond Material: Ignore the Face Value of Your Pieces was a finalist for the Boleslavsky-Averbakh Award, the best book prize of FIDE, the International Chess Federation.
006 Explanation of symbols
009 Chapter 1 How to use the Workbook
011 Find a Hidden Tactic
014 Find a Mini-plan
031 Endgame Training Positions
036 Chapter 2 Visualization Bootcamp
050 Chapter 3 Tactics Training
056 Tactics Training Set 1-5
085 Chapter 4 Middlegame Training
087 Middlegame Training Set 1
101 Middlegame Training Set 2
116 Middlegame Training Set 3
128 Middlegame Training Set 4
141 Middlegame Training Set 5
158 Chapter 5 Endgame Training
158 Endgame Training Set 1
163 Endgame Training Set 2
171 Endgame Training Set 3
176 Endgame Training Set 4
181 Endgame Training Set 5
219 Index of names