The Schliemann Defence
400 Seiten, kartoniert, Everyman, 1. Auflage 2018
Aus der Reihe »Move by Move«
White players who enjoy playing the Ruy Lopez (1 e4 e5 2 Nf3 Nc6 3 Bb5) often expect to have an easy time in the opening. Numerous Black systems allow White to complete development with natural moves which often results in a small but clear advantage. Not so The Schliemann. The Schliemann (3 ... f5) is a ferocious beast that immediately takes the fight to White. The swift counter with ... f7-f5 is undoubtedly risky but has the advantage of disturbing White’s equanimity and setting difficult problems to solve as early as move three. Any White player who is not highly attuned to the nuances of this system can quickly find themselves in very hot water. This makes the Schliemann an ideal practical weapon for the aggressively-minded tactical player.
- A thorough theoretical coverage of a dynamic counter-attacking system
- Discusses strategic themes as well as analysing complex tactical variations
- Written by an expert on the Schliemann
Openings expert Junior Tay examines the Schliemann Defence and its many variations. He provides repertoire options for Black, answers all the key questions and tells you all you need to know about successfully playing the Schliemann.
|Reihe||Move by Move|
003 About the Author
- The Pirc in Black and White24,95 €
- The Queen´s Gambit Declined23,95 €
- The Petroff Defence22,95 €
- The Philidor files19,95 €
- The Petroff: Move by Move23,95 €
- Mehr von Everyman